SIMS Learning Gateway
Email to schools & partners w/e 12 April 2019
SIMS Learning Gateway: A Path to the Future
As a valued partner, we wanted to let you know that we will be phasing out SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) in the next twelve months. For the last few years we have developed and enhanced our next generation of solutions to help your schools engage better with their community and provide their teachers with the tools to support safeguarding and improve teaching and learning.
These solutions already provide an effective value for money replacement for SLG, whilst also providing additional functionality which we will continue to enhance so they carry on delivering the best services for your schools.
What does this mean for schools?
- If a school hosts their own SLG installation for their school, they will need to plan for decommissioning and the migration to our next generation products
- If schools use SLG, whether it is hosted by ESS or at a school site then they will be contacted either by ESS or by their local support unit as appropriate.
- Schools may have queries about what is happening, or requests for technical assistance with the migration and should contact their local support unit or ESS as appropriate.
What happens now?
- If schools host their own SLG installation: they should already have received a communication from us and we will continue to engage with them and their support unit to help them through this migration process.
- If schools use SLG: they will be contacted directly by our advisers to guide them through the migration process. We will provide them with all the information they need and can make this guidance available to your team, so you are up to speed with what is going on.
- In either case: schools should download and read this document for more information.
In the meantime, you can learn more about our enhanced engagement solution by reading this blog, which outlines the apps currently available to facilitate and enhance engagement.
If integrators need further support, they should contact partner support.