Finance - What's Possible
Our finance suite consists of 2 products (Work in progress)
- FMS - Largely LA maintained state schools
- SIMS Finance - Largely multi-academy trusts / school groups
FMS is a mature product which hooks in to a large number of external applications even though the number of 'Local' APIs available for the product is quite restricted. The diagram below was affectionately known as the 'Scary Diagram' when it was first created to show how FMS links to the outside world. Some may now be obsolete but the Technical Integrator Team will always be happy to discuss the possibilities.
The most common integration points are:
- eGov / BASDA 3.09 eCommerce interface.
- Autorec - automatic reconciliation for schools where the LA holds its bank account or where an external HR / payroll provider offers an alternative service.
- Journal Imports usually from ePayment systems.
Unlike FMS, SIMS Finance currently has few integration points on offer. Recent work from CIBS (Capita), who provide the product, provided a suite of APIs and we are considering how these could be provided to customers and upon what services ESS would need to provide.
Further documentation will show current options in more detail.