Web - Getting Customers Ready for DeX
Web APIs are dependent on a data feed via SIMS Services Manager. There are 2 currently relevant ones:
However, if a school is setting up for web data exchange, the DeX package should be installed.
Key Points for technical integrators (TIs):
- A valid TI contract must be in place before any live data can be accessed.
- Once the DeX package is installed the data is available for use by any consumer authorised by the school.
- There is no additional charge to the school for this facility.
- Our installation instructions for schools can be found here.
- DeX data exchange aims to be close to real time but the refresh frequency is determined by the school.
- Expect Attendance to be quick ~ 5 mins
- Expect photos to be slow ~ weekly (Tbc)
- Other data will have a refresh rate between the two above (as set by the school)
Schools should contact their support unit if they require help with installation or any other issue.